Rep. Fleischmann Statement on National Defense Authorization Act
Washington, DC – U.S. Representative Chuck Fleischmann (TN-03) issued the following statement after the House of Representatives passed the FY2022 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) by a vote of 316-113.
“The United States military must have the resources and support it needs to keep us safe at home and abroad. Today, America is confronted with aggression from many foes worldwide and terrorism by a reinvigorated Taliban and other non-state actors. While the NDAA is not perfect, we cannot let our military capability lapse – making all Americans less safe,” said Congressman Fleischmann.
“The FY22 NDAA will continue to keep America’s military strong and stop President Biden’s attempts to unilaterally cut defense spending. Our nation will be safer and stronger because of this year’s NDAA.”
According to the House Armed Services Committee, the FY22 NDAA:
- Fully funds a 2.7% pay raise for our troops.
- Directs additional National Guard resources toward border security at the southern border.
- Preserves service members’ right to free speech by protecting them from being punished for political statements on social media accounts.
- Stops President Biden’s dangerous cuts to the Navy by providing funding for 13 new warships and prohibiting the decommissioning of three cruisers.
- Requires the Biden Administration to report to Congress on the number of Americans abandoned in Afghanistan.